Working in Circle City, Day 1—Many Firsts
Published Monday, June 17, 2019 — 3 minute read
My new job is downtown Indianapolis. Today was my first day for a whole list of things!
- 🚗 Parked in a parking garage all day
- 🚶🏼♀️ Walked 5 minutes to work
- 🍳 Had breakfast by myself downtown
- 🛍 Shopped in two stores by myself downtown
- 🍕 Had lunch at Giordano’s
- 💻 Thoroughly used a MacBook Pro
I’m sure there’ll be lots of firsts in the coming months. I finally feel like I’m in an environment and community where I can grow. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. They care about your wellbeing. You’re encouraged to learn and educate yourself all the time.
Supporting your team matters. It makes an entire world of difference.